DIY Old Log Planters for a Colorful Garden
A log planter is a type of gardening container made by hollowing out a log,
It can be used to grow a variety of plants, including flowers, herbs, and small shrubs, and is often used for decorative purposes. Log planters offer a natural look and are a sustainable alternative to traditional plant containers.
Here’s how to make your own DIY log flower planter for your garden:
- Choose a log: Look for a log that is the right size for your desired planter and has a straight edge on the top.
- Cut the log: Use a saw to cut the log to the desired length for your planter.
- Hollow out the log: Use a drill and a large wood-boring bit to hollow out the center of the log. Make sure to drill evenly and stop when you have reached the desired depth.
- Sand the edges: Use sandpaper to smooth out the edges and surface of the log.
- Seal the log: Use a wood sealant to protect the log from moisture and decay.
- Drill drainage holes: Use a drill and a smaller bit to make holes in the bottom of the log for water drainage.
- Fill with soil: Fill the hollowed-out log with soil and plant your flowers or herbs.
- Place in your garden: Put the log planter in your desired location in your garden, patio, or balcony.
Enjoy your unique and sustainable log flower planter!