Barrel Metal Drum Project Ideas
Used metal drums or barrels can be repurposed into unique and stylish furniture pieces with a bit of creativity and DIY skills.
Here are some ideas for using metal drums or barrels in furniture:
- Chairs: Metal drums can be cut and shaped to create a base for a chair. A cushion can be added to the top for comfort.
- Coffee table: A metal drum can be turned on its side and a wooden or glass top can be added to create a coffee table.
- Side table: Metal drums can be cut and stacked to create a unique and rustic side table. A wooden or glass top can be added for a finished look.
- Bookshelf: Metal drums can be cut in half and mounted to a wall to create a unique bookshelf. They can also be stacked on top of each other for added storage.
- Bed frame: Metal drums can be used as the base for a platform bed frame. A wooden or metal slat system can be added for support.
Old metal drums or barrels can be repurposed into unique and rustic sinks with a bit of creativity and DIY skills. Here are some steps to follow to make a sink from a metal drum or barrel:
- Clean the drum: Thoroughly clean the metal drum or barrel to remove any residue or hazardous materials.
- Cut the top: Cut off the top of the drum with a reciprocating saw or angle grinder.
- Cut the hole: Cut a hole in the center of the top using a hole saw or jigsaw.
- Add drain: Install a drain in the hole with a rubber gasket and threaded flange.
- Install faucet: Install a faucet through the top of the drum.
- Seal the edges: Seal the edges of the top with a waterproof sealant.
- Mount the sink: Mount the sink on a stand or wall bracket.
- Finish the sink: Finish the sink with a coat of rust-resistant paint or leave it bare for a rustic look.
Old metal drums or barrels can be repurposed into unique and eye-catching planters and garden decor with a bit of creativity and some basic tools.
Here are some ideas for using metal drums or barrels in your garden:
- Vertical garden: Cut a metal drum in half vertically, add shelves, and attach it to a wall to create a unique and space-saving vertical garden.
- Raised garden bed: Cut a metal drum in half horizontally, fill it with soil, and use it as a raised garden bed.
- Hanging planter: Cut several small holes in the side of a metal drum and hang it with chains or rope to create a unique and rustic hanging planter.
- Garden sculpture: Cut and weld metal drums into various shapes to create unique garden sculptures such as birds, animals, or abstract shapes.
When using used metal drums or barrels, it’s important to make sure they are structurally sound and free of any rust or damage that could compromise their integrity. It’s also important to use caution when handling them, as they can be heavy and difficult to move.